The Druid Hills Athletic Association seeks to enhance the 7-year experience of our student athletes through its mission “to generate support and funding for athletics at Druid Hills High School and Druid Hills Middle School.” As we enter our twelfth year, the DHAA wants to say “Thank You” to donors and volunteers like you, and our wonderful sponsors. Through your support and generosity, we are able to benefit all student athletes and teams, including the Marching Band and Cheerleading.
Since 2007, over $300,000 has been allocated to over 800 student athletes participating on approximately 50 High School and Middle School sports teams. The list of items funded through DHAA allocations includes:
- Gym Fees for gymnastics
- Ballet Bars for the Dassling Divas
- Weight room upgrades and maintenance
- Batting cage and field drainage improvements for baseball
- Shoot-A-Way training equipment for basketball
- Protective gear, practice equipment and coaching clinics for football
- Uniforms and equipment for start-up programs in boys and girls lacrosse
- Field nets for lacrosse and track
- Sousaphone and bass drums for the marching band
- Goals and training equipment for soccer
- Pitching machine and training equipment for softball
- Record board for swimming
- Ball machine, windscreens and court rentals for tennis
- Hurdles, equipment cart and starting mats for track
- Uniforms, banners scoreboard for ultimate frisbee
- Netting system and equipment cart for volleyball
- Uniforms and mats for wrestling
The DHAA also provides discretionary gifts to teams to help offset expenses for coaches, tournaments, camps, pre-game meals, etc. In 2019-2020, the DHAA provided almost $3,400 in discretionary gifts.
The DHAA Board meets on the second Tuesday of every month during the school year at 7:00pm.
We need your help and support to continue the positive momentum in 2020-2021!